- CWE Halloween: This is THE event to be at this weekend (IMO). First off there's something for everyone, from kids to pets to adults. It kicks off with a kid party and trick or treating in the morning. Then at 1:00 there's a pet costume parade! And you should definitely come to that because I will be a judge! So excited. Then when the sunsets the adult fun gets going with a massive street party and costume party. It's such a fun event and people get really into their costumes. Saturday 11am-10pm, Central West End. https://www.facebook.com/events/1582765865351886/#
- St. Louis Brewer's Guild Halloween Party: You know me, I love a good beer festival and this one will be a great one. There's still tickets available! Plus the great thing is a portion of the ticket sales will go to Hopskeller Brewery after their brand new brewery caught fire last weekend. There are 40+ breweries attending and there should be some really great beers to try. Saturday 1-5pm, Lafayette Square Park. Tickets and info: http://www.stlbg.com/halloween/
- Boo at the Zoo: If you're looking for something a little more family friendly, or something to do ahead of the CWE party, Saturday is the Boo at the Zoo! It's not a trick or treating event but there's crafts and characters. Plus it's free! Saturday 9-4, St. Louis Zoo www.facebook.com/events/1280223925329524/
- Spirits in the Garden: How about dressing up and learning the spirited history of the Botanical Gardens? Well you can do just that this Friday! Cocktails, a scavenger hunt and dancing. Friday 6-9pm at Botanical Gardens. Info and tickets www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/things-to-do/events/signature-events/spirits-in-the-garden.aspx
- Kimmswick Apple Butter Festival: Who doesn't love a craft festival? Kimmswick is one of those quaint little Missouri towns and they are known for their annual Apple Butter Festival. There will of course be famous apple butter for sale along with locally made goods and food. It's going to be a perfect weekend for an outdoor festival. Saturday and Sunday 10am-5pm Info: http://www.visitkimmswick.com/apple_butter_festival
Guys! It's Halloween weekend! As I've mentioned this week, its one of my favorite holiday's. This weekend is PACKED with fun and festive events around St. Louis. Of course it's Thursday and I still don't have a costume...but I sort of get inspired by the last minute nature. Last year I discovered the perfect Jessica Rabbit dress at Nordstrom's rack for like $14 dollars a couple hours before a party last year. So I'm hoping for some similar good luck this year! I've got a lot of events I'm planning on going to so I might need a few costumes! Here's just a sampling of some of the great events happening around town, where will you be showing off your costume this weekend?
Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find a behind the scenes look at the day-to-day life of a TV news reporter. I have a love for food, traveling and all things St. Louis. This is a place for me to write a bit more about my passions.