But just because these were my Halloween day treat, doesn't mean they have to end once the calendar turns to November. These brownies are just so FALL. My co-workers were a little hesitant with the idea of chocolate and pumpkin but were quickly silenced when they popped one of these brownie muffins in their mouth. I personally love the combo. Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is another favorite of mine. I also only add a little swirl of pumpkin on top so it's not overly pumpkin-y. Also I was not interested in being overly ambitious before work so I used box brownie mix...feel free to be a better cook than me and make it all from scratch! So if you want to blow the mind of your co-workers this is the recipe for you! But don't forget to save a few for yourself!
- box of brownie mix (or homemade version!)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (or follow brownie directions on box)
- Mix up your favorite brownie mix. I personally love making brownies in muffin tins. I just think they're easier to serve (and easier to portion control..) But these work great in just a brownie pan as well.
- Add brownie mix to muffin tin (or pan)
- Stir together pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and pumpkin pie spice.
- Take a tooth pick and put a dollop in each brownie muffin. Swirl it around with toothpick for a marble look.
- Bake 30 minutes. The pumpkin makes it take longer than normal brownies. Check often using a toothpick. You don't want it raw inside but a few crumbs is ok)