Mother's Day is right around the corner and if you haven't bought mom a present yet, don't fret! Luckily, there are so many cute local shops with the bunch of adorable stuff mom will love. (Hey, my mom, stop reading now, k thanks).
I feel terrible that I will be out of town this Mother's Day. I'm heading to New York to see my sister but I will definitely be making it up to mom. For the last two years my present to my mom has been to weed and plant the vegetable garden at her house. I've threatened to not do it this year because she is not the best gardener and if I don't come by weekly she will let it get out of hand. I mean we're talking zucchinis that grow to the size of my calf...BUT she said she definitely wants it again this year so that's my plan. Bowood Farms of course is where it's at when it comes to plants in St. Louis. They've got an incredible selection and are so helpful if you have questions on what to grow. But if you don't want to spend hours planting a garden, (my arms already hurt thinking about the work...) here's my list of other great gift ideas! All local to St. Louis.
-picks for mom-
1. I am obsessed with these prints from Red Lettered Prints featuring local chefs, this one is the buttermilk biscuit recipe from Yolklore. Shop here.
2. Lemon Gem in The Grove is perfect for creating little gifts, everything from kitchen gadgets to mini cook books, featuring your mom's favorite ingredient. Check out their Instagram here.
3. My mom and I love to take cooking classes together. I'm more of an activities gift-giver than a material one, and a bread baking class at Companion's Teaching Kitchen would be a great way to spend quality time together. Find their calendar of classes here.
4. You can't go wrong with a cute kitchen towel from Urban Matter. I bought my mom the cardinal one for Christmas. Check out their Instagram for hours here.
5. Again on the line of activities, tickets to the Muny are another great way to gift your mom some quality time together. We will definitely be seeing The Little Mermaid this summer. Find tickets here.
6. Mother's Day brunch is almost a given. And if you're looking for the perfect brunch with a view, check out Cielo at the Four Seasons. From fresh made donuts to an epic raw bar, mom will be happy. Reservations here.
7. My mom loves her Birch Box (a beauty subscription box), and I'm obsessed with the St. Louis version. Bit-O-Local features all St. Louis made products delivered right to your door. Order here.
8. If your mom is anything like mom, she can't start her day with out coffee. With the cute mugs from Arch Apparel she can drink her coffee while showcasing her love for St. Louis. Shop here.
9. You of course can't go wrong with jewelry for mom. But why not get her something unique like these gorgeous stone earrings from Union Studio. Check out their Instagram here.
For other local gift ideas, check out my shopping guides to the Central West End and Cherokee Street.
Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find a behind the scenes look at the day-to-day life of a TV news reporter. I have a love for food, traveling and all things St. Louis. This is a place for me to write about my passions.