I fell in love with an incredible guy. Told a lot of incredible stories for work. Was nominated for an Emmy. Traveled to 12 different cities. Ate a ton of really great food. Overall, not a bad year.
I always feel like it's important to reflect back on the year past before you look forward to the year ahead. I made resolutions last year and looking back...well I didn't really accomplish many of them.
- Working out 3x a week: So while I definitely didn't hit that weekly goal I will say I was much better this year than years past. I still am not one of those people that loves to work out but thanks to Classpass I found a bunch of classes I really love doing. This will definitely be something I continue working on into the new year.
- Save money: This was a massive fail. All those trips I went on this year didn't help me accomplish this goal at all...but they were all money well spent!
- Learn to make fresh pasta: I am so mad that I didnt accomplish this one! But I did learn to make a lot of other things. I made my first real pie, I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner and overall really started to grow more in the kitchen. But pasta is happening in 2017.
- Read 20 new books: Woof. Didn't hit this one either. My sister puts me to shame when she read something like 80 books this year and was bummed she didn't reach 100. I think I read 12. Plus there are four half way finished ones on my night stand...
- Take a photography class!
- Travel to a new city!
- Make that pasta!
- Tell more stories about the good in our community. Grow our Imagine a Better St. Louis franchise.
- Grow my Instagram following.
- Go camping!
- And follow up on those lingering 2016 resolutions...
Tell me, do you set resolutions? How do you stick to them?
Resolutions or not, I'm hoping 2017 is half as fun as 2016!