- Dog Day Friday: Any excuse to bring Ellie out and about in the Lou is good with me. Plus you add beer and it's all for a good cause? Count me in. Friday afternoon bring your pups to Urban Chestnut in the Grove for an afternoon of drinking and mingling. 20% of the sales benefit Stray Rescue. Keep an eye on the Facebook event, if it rains, the event will be moved to the end of the month. Friday Sept. 16 4:30. https://www.facebook.com/events/295551107490145/?active_tab=highlights
- Shakespeare in the Streets: This event sounds incredibley cool and it's produced by the folks behind Shakespeare in the Park so you know it will be good. The city of Maplewood will be transformed into the world of the Bard. It's a grassroots, street performance featuring stories of the neighborhood. It's free and open to the public, bring your own chairs! Performances begin nightly at 8:00. Friday -Sunday. For more info: https://www.sfstl.com/in-the-streets/plan-your-visit/
- Balloon Glow and Race: It's been years since I've been to the Balloon Race and while I'll be down at Mizzou on Saturday, I am definitely planning to check out the Glow Friday night. To me this is one of those amazing quintessential St. Louis events. Fingers crossed the weather cooperates! Full schedule: http://greatforestparkballoonrace.com/schedule/
- Hop in the City: Schlafly Brewery knows how to throw a beer festival and this weekend is the 18th Hop in the City, Food, music and duh, lots of beer. What more could you ask for? Saturday 9/17 12-9 at Schlafly Taproom. https://www.facebook.com/events/302177513466919/
- Pop Up Brunch: Shopping and Bloody Mary's? Sounds like Sunday morning perfection. Get a little retail therapy at St. Louis' fashion boutique on wheels, Rack and Clutch while enjoying one of the best brunches in St. Louis at Katie's Pizza. Sunday 9/18 10-2 https://www.facebook.com/events/1279639395388217/
- As always, if you have events I should know about, let me know in the comments below! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend in the Lou!
New post series!
One thing people tell me all the time is that I am very busy on my weekends. And it's true. While I love relaxing, St. Louis has so many fun events every weekend that it's hard to stay home! So each week I'll be posting a handful of fun things #ToDointheLou! Here's just a few of the amazing events I'm RSVPing to this weekend.
Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find a behind the scenes look at the day-to-day life of a TV news reporter. I have a love for food, traveling and all things St. Louis. This is a place for me to write a bit more about my passions.