How in the world is it Labor Day weekend already? I swear we were just opening the pool on Memorial Day weekend. Wasn't it just my birthday? I have such mixed feelings about fall. While I love the cooling temperatures and the chance to throw on a cozy sweater, I really really love summer. And fall means winter is on its way...just not ready.
Good news is there are so many fun things planned this weekend to distract me!
Guyyyys. Summer is slipping away to quickly. How is it already mid-August? I didn't even have time to make a summer bucket list! But I'm checking off one of last year's items this weekend, camping! We have a big group going floating down the Huzzah and then a little camp out Saturday night. But there's still plenty of weekend to do fun things around St. Louis, Here's a look at just a few of the events happening in the Lou.
1. Blues at the Arch: It's your last chance of the summer to take in Blues music on the new Arch grounds. It's going to be a beautiful night, so bring a chair or a blanket and take it all in.
Friday 6:00pm Info on artist here.
2. Pride Night at Busch Stadium: I'll be cheering on the Cardinals Friday night and saying love is love! The Birds take on the Tampa Bay Rays at 7:15 pm.
3. Cherokee Beach Luau and Pig Roast: I am so bummed I never got to check out Cherokee Beach this summer, but they're going out with a bang with music, cocktails and a pig!.
Saturday 4pm-10pm. Info here.
4. Festival of Nations: One of the best parts of St. Louis is the melting pot that makes up our community. The annual festival in Tower Grove Park celebrates multiculturalism with food, drinks and music. Saturday and Sunday.
5. Cardinals Hall of Fame Induction: I can still remember when Mark McGuire broke the home run record. He and others will be inducted in to the Cardinals Hall of Fame on Saturday with a rally for fans at Ballpark Village. Saturday 2pm.
Well it's been a while since my last #ToDoInTheLou post but I'm bringing it back! There are just too many fun events always going on around our city and so often people ask me what fun things I'm getting into. So here is a look at just a handful of things happening this weekend and where you will likely see me out and about!
Yoga at Eckerts: Does anything say summer more clearly than Eckert's peaches? Take advantage of what will be a gorgeous weekend with yoga outside at Eckerts. Yoga Buzz is putting on one of their fun outdoor yoga sessions and you get a bag of the most perfect peaches included in your ticket. Plus custard! Can't go wrong. Saturday 7/29 9am
The Pat Connolly Tavern 75th Birthday: I can't wait to done my 40's best and rock my old Hollywood waves Saturday night. The party is sold out but the after-party (kicking off at 11:00!) is open to the public. Pat's opened in 1942 and is one of the oldest operating bars in St. Louis, come celebrate the Dogtown favorite with classic cocktails and live music! Saturday 7/29 11pm Info here.
STL Women's Pop Up Shop: What better way to get some shopping in while also supporting some badass St. Louis makers? Check out the pop up shop featuring more than two dozen local boss babes. From Red Lettered Goods adorable prints to the gorgeous candles from Twinkle Brews, this is a pop-up I definitely don't want to miss. Saturday 7/29 10am-3pm at Lemon Gem in the Grove.
Beer Brunch at Vista Ramen: I've been wanting to check out the brunch at Vista Ramen for a while now and this weekend they are doing a beer brunch in collaboration with Hop Shop. Its just one of the many events kicking off St Louis Craft Beer Week and sounds like a delicious way to spend your Sunday! 7/30 10am Info and menu here.
Nudo House Opening; Speaking of ramen!! The long anticipated Nudo House STL is finally opening their doors in Creve Coeur. There's very little that will take me out to West County in terms of food but Qui Tran's ramen definitely will. Their menu was just posted to their Facebook page and besides for the ramen, everything looks amazing. I'm sure it will be packed this weekend but for a taste of those noodles, I'm willing to wait. Info on hours here.
Happy Weekend-ing friends! I'd love to hear about what events you're heading to this weekend!
New post series!
One thing people tell me all the time is that I am very busy on my weekends. And it's true. While I love relaxing, St. Louis has so many fun events every weekend that it's hard to stay home! So each week I'll be posting a handful of fun things #ToDointheLou! Here's just a few of the amazing events I'm RSVPing to this weekend.
Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find a behind the scenes look at the day-to-day life of a TV news reporter. I have a love for food, traveling and all things St. Louis. This is a place for me to write a bit more about my passions.