Back to this salad. The honey-lime-garlic dressing Jessica from How Sweet Eats made is what takes it over the edge. And its great to bring for lunch at work because the longer it sits, the longer the chickpeas soak in the deliciousness of the dressing. And after vacation, I definitely need to be bringing my lunch to work...
- two cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- two cups zucchini
- two cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- one shallot, thinly sliced
- three tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- three tablespoons olive oil
- two tablespoons red wine vinegar
- one and a half tablespoons honey
- two garlic cloves, minced
- one lime, juiced
Mix the chickpeas, zucchini, tomatoes and shallot in a bowl.
In a sauce pan, add the olive oil, vinegar, honey, lime juice and minced garlic. Heat over low heat, whisking until the garlic starts to sizzle. Take it off the stove and pour over the other ingredients. Top with fresh basil. Let sit in fridge for a half hour (or longer!) to let dressing adsorb. Enjoy!