I first made this butternut squash goat cheese dip last week for a personal snack. I bought these little ramikans from Target (hello that dollar section is my downfall) and they are perfect for one person. It was amazing so I whipped up a bigger patch for my pumpkin party and it was a huge hit. It's festive and fall feeling and cheesy! So really you can't go wrong. The recipe is from Jess from HowSweetEats. She's basically my food spirit animal, everything she makes I want to eat. She also has a butternut squash spinach dip that I'm dying to make.
- 1 cup butternut squash
- two tablespoons olive oil + more for drizzling
- salt + pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- one tablespoon of freshly chopped sage
- 4 ozs goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop the butternut squash into cubes, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet
- Roast squash for 15 minutes or until fork tender, lower oven down to 350 degrees
- Place squash and olive oil drippings into food processor. Add the goat cheese, nutmeg and garlic powder.
- Puree until smooth. Transfer to an oven safe baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and top with fresh sage.
- Serve with your choice of pita chips, tortilla chips or veggies!